Registering in the Website
- How do I create my Account?
- You can register for a Qbend account by clicking on "Register" at the top of the page and filling in all the mandatory details. Once done, click on the "Create" button, and your account will be created. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you have provided at registration.
- What is a Qbend ID?
- Whenever you sign up with a website that is powered by Qbend, you will be able to use the same user ID and password to log in to any one of the Qbend-powered websites. For a list of Qbend-powered websites, please visit http://www.qbend.com/corp/partners.html.
- Will my account details be sent to my mail ID?
- Yes, once you have entered all the mandatory details, click on the "Create" button. Upon successful creation, an activation link will be sent to your email. Once the activation link is clicked, your account will be activated.
- While creating a new password should I use any special characters?
- Qbend does not have any specific restrictions for passwords except a minimum length of six characters. But it is advisable to have a password with a combination of letters, numbers, and/or special characters, for example, qbend123*.
- I have signed up. But i do not see any emails with the activation link!
- It may take a few moments for the email to reach your inbox. If you still do not see the activation email, check your spam/junk folders. Alternatively, you can click on the “forgot password” link on the login page, type in your email address, and hit "Submit." This action will initiate another email to be sent to you.
If all these fail, please get in touch with us through our Customer Support Portal at http://support.qbend.com and we will be glad to help you out.
- Does Qbend offer return policy?
- All titles purchased from Qbend are nonrefundable and cannot be exchanged or returned. If you face any technical difficulties,then please contact us through our Customer Support Portal at http://support.qbend.com and we will be glad to help you out.
Back to Top
Purchasing from the Website
- How do I add books/journals to my shopping cart?
- Click on the cart symbol adjacent to the book or journal. The cart symbol is available on the right hand side of the screen.
- How do I confirm that the selected item has been added to my cart?
- Click on the shopping cart icon to add an item to the cart.A notification message is then displayed on the top of the screen:"Item added successfully to your shopping cart". Alternatively, click on the link "Items in cart" on the home page to view the number of items in your cart.
- I have added an item to the cart by mistake,how do I remove it from the shopping cart?
- Please click on the link " Items in cart" on the top of the page. Then click on the check box next to the price of the digtial ebooks and click on the link "Remove Items " below the list of items that you have selected. Then the selected item will be removed from the cart.
- I wish to stop my subscriptions, Will Qbend refund my money?
- Sorry, Qbend does not have a cancellation or refund policy for subscriptions.
- Does Qbend offer any discounts/deductions for the maximum purchase/ rentals of books?
- Qbend does not offer any discounts/deductions at present. Special offers if any will be advertised separately.
- Is there any option for me to extend my rental period at the last moment?
- Interim or last-minute extension is not available. But once your rental period is over you will be able to rent that item again
- What are my payment options?
- Payment depends on where you are located when you purchase the book.Please check the payment checkout page for further details.
- What is PayPal?
- PayPal is an e-commerce business allowing payments and money transfers to be made through the Internet
- Which currency format does Qbend support?
- Qbend accepts a wide variety of currencies. Primarily Qbend accepts the U.S. dollar ($) and the euro (€).
- Does Qbend provide any gift coupons?
- Qbend may at times provide promotional Gift Coupons.
- I don't want to buy the book, but I want to buy the ancillaries alone which come along with the book. Will this be possible?
- Ancillaries may be available for separate purchase if the publisher provides the option.
- I am a teacher,Can I order ebooks for my whole class to share?
- Because all the books sold in the Qbend bookstore are digital rights management (DRM) protected, sharing of books is not possible. Ask your students to visit our ebook store and purchase the books, or the chapters of the books, individually.
- Will I be able to buy an ebook form someone else?
- Gifting an ebook option is not available in Qbend at present.
- Can I buy a single issue rather than subscribing?
- Yes, you can buy a single issue or any number of issues.
- Once I have purchased my ebook will it be always available?
- When an ebook is purchased from the WebStore, Qbend will store the .acsm file for that purchase in your "Download Basket" on the site. This can be accessed at all times and there are no download limits. You will be able to download and read your content as long as it is downloaded in the same device.
- I have a gift coupon from the Qbend ebook store but the store says the gift code is not a valid code?
- If the gift coupon is not working, please check the following steps.
a) Have you entered the valid coupon code correctly?
b) Have you shared the coupon code with anyone? If someone has used the gift code it becomes invalid.
c) If you received the gift coupon from any of the Qbend-powered websites, then the gift coupon code will be valid only in that particular Qbend-powered site.
If everything is fine but you still face the same problem please do contact our support team.
- Will I be able to use the gift coupon in all the Qbend websites?
- Yes, if you have gift coupons from the www.qbend.com website you may use them in all the Qbend powered sites. But if you recieved a gift coupon from one of the Qbend powered sites,then you would be able to use the gift coupon only in that particular site and not in any other Qbend powered sites.
- I bought a wrong ebook. I would like to return the ebook and get the refund?
- All titles purchased from Qbend are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged or returned. Please double-check while purchasing an ebook. If you face any technical difficulties, then please contact us through our Customer Support Portal at http://support.qbend.com and we will be glad to help you out.
- What is DRM protection?
- This is a technical protection mechanism that uses special computer code to stop users from copying or changing an ebook. You can read a DRM protected eBook using special softwares like Adobe Digital Edition (PC or MAC) or Bluefire Reader (tablets/phones) which are available for free of cost.
Digital Editions helps you to ensure that your ebooks and other digital publications are not "locked" on one computer - they are assigned to you through your Adobe ID
Back to Top
Downloading from the Website
- Will the monthly subscriptions of a journal be delivered to my email id?
- Qbend doesn't send the monthly journals to your email id. You will receive a notification email as soon as a new issue is available. You can then download it from the "My Subscriptions" area in the Webstore.
- I want to subscribe only to selected articles of a journal? Will it be possible?
- Subscriptions are available only at the journal level; you will be able to purchase selected articles and issues from the archive individually
- Can I print and copy my ebooks?
- Print and copy options are based on publisher's preference. Certain titles allow you to print / copy content and other titles restricts the same. Please look at the item description for the available permissions before purchasing.
- Why am I getting this message "This item can't be moved to my Wish List"?
- The item that you have selected may already be in your wish list.
- I deleted my ebook accidentally, Can I download it again.
- Yes, you can download all the items that you have purchased from your download basket at the Qbend Webstore.
- I couldn't find my downloaded ebook files in my computer. Where can I find them?
- The default storage place for the Adobe ebooks will be "My Digital Editions", a folder in My Documents.
- Is there any limitation on the number of subscriptions or rental of books or journals?
- Qbend doesn't restrict on the subscriptions or the rentals of books/journals. You can subscribe or rent any number of books or journals. There are no limitations set by Qbend.
- Can i read Qbend content on an iPad/iPhone?
- You can read the titles purchased from the Qbendstore on the iPad by installing the BlueFire Reader App (App Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bluefire-reader/id394275498?mt=8)
And you can find complete details on Authorizing and loading titles to your Bluefire reader app at http://www.bluefirereader.com/faq.html.
Click here for Instructions on viewing your ebooks on the iPad using the Bluefire Reader.
- Can i read Qbend content on a Nook device?
- You can add the titles purchased from the Qbendstore on the Nook device just by following these 5 simple steps.
A) Download the Pdf or the ePub files to your computer.
B) Then connect your Nook device to the computer.
C) Add the Pdf or the ePub files to a folder called "My Documents" in the Nook device.
D) Once the files are added in the folder, disconnect the Nook device from the computer.
E) Once the Nook device is disconnected, browse the Nook device and you would find a folder called "My Library". Under this folder you would find another folder called "My Documents" where you can find your Pdf and the ePub files.
- Can i read Qbend content on an Android Device?
- You can read the titles purchased from the Qbendstore on the Android device by installing the Aldiko Reader Application from the Android Market. Click on this link to know further details about the Aldiko Reader
Back to Top
- Which format does Qbend Support?
- Now Qbend primarily supports PDF, ePub and flash formats.There would be perpetual increase in the number of supported formats.
- Is the content downloaded from your website compatible with my device?
- Qbend provides content in PDF, ePub and flash formats and these are supported by a wide range of devices. For a comprehensive list of devices and format support please visit .
- What is an .acsm file?
- The .acsm file is associated with Adobe Digital Editions plug-in by Adobe. You will need the Adobe Digital Editions plug-in to view the downloaded content.
Back to Top
About Adobe Digital Editions
- What is Adobe Digital Edition?
- Adobe Digital Edition is an internet application that has been built up for the digital publishing. It offers a simplified way of managing, reading and acquiring ebooks and other digital publications.
- Where should I download Adobe Digital Edition?
- You can download the Adobe Digital Editions from this website
- What formats does Digital Editions Support?
- The two types of formats that Adobe Digital Editions supports are PDF and ePub
- Is Digital Editions free to download?
- Yes, Adobe Digital Editions is a free product to download.
- Why do I need to authorize my computer with Adobe ID?
- Some digital publications that you purchase online or check out from a library may contain digital rights management (DRM) protection that restricts the items from being shared with others. This could limit the ability to read your items on additional computers owned by you. It could even prevent you from moving your items when you buy a new computer. Digital Editions helps you to ensure that your ebooks and other digital publications are not "locked" on one computer - they are assigned to you through your Adobe ID.
- What is the maximum number of computers and devices that I can authorize?
- You can activate up to six computers and six devices with your Adobe ID. But in the Qbend Webstore, based on publisher preference, the Adobe ID can be used to activate more than one device to six devices for sharing the ebooks.
- How do I download Adobe Digital Editions?
- To view the ebooks in your computer, you will need to install the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions. It is free reader software from Adobe and can be found at http://www.adobe.com/ products/ digital editions
A) Go to Adobe Digital Editions download page. In the bottom left corner, a button marked "Install" will be displayed. In case this button is not visible, you first need to install Flash Player. Click the "Install" button.
B) Confirm that you want to install Adobe Digital Editions by clicking "Install" once more.
C) Click "Yes" to start the installation of Adobe Digital Editions. Downloading the installation package to your computer may take some time.
D) Once the installation files have been downloaded, the installer application will launch. Click "I agree" to install these files on your computer.
E) Once the files are installed, Adobe Digital Editions will launch and display a settings dialogue. Click "Continue" to configure Adobe Digital Editions.
F) You will be asked whether you would like to activate your Adobe Digital Editions with Adobe ID. If you have an Adobe ID, enter your ID and password and click "Authorize Computer". If you want to create an Adobe ID, click "Get an Adobe ID online". If you do not want to use an Adobe ID, click "Don't Authorize Computer". Finally, click "Activate".
G) If you select "Don't Authorize", a warning message will be displayed. You can move on by clicking "Continue".
H) Once all the steps are complete, the application is ready to be used. Click "Finished" tostart using Adobe Digital Editions.
I) The installation is now complete and Adobe Digital Editions will launch the Library view.
J) After installing Adobe Digital Editions, double click on the ".acsm" file that is downloaded once you click the download button above. It will automatically open in Adobe Digital Editions and download your content for you.
- What are the requirements to get an Adobe ID?
- An Adobe ID is a free and nonintrusive way of identifying users - you need to provide a name, country, and e-mail address. You can create your Adobe ID when prompted within Digital Editions as you authorize your computer, or go directly to the "Adobe.com membership site".
- What is content portability?
- Some users have ebooks and other digital publications on their computers that have been licensed with Acrobat, Reader, or earlier versions of Digital Editions using Easy Activation. These items cannot be moved to a new computer and are, for all intents and purposes, locked inside a particular computer. To solve this problem, Digital Editions allows you to convert items to a license associated with a named account. This allows digital content to be backed up, copied, and read on other computers. All items are subsequently downloaded to an authorized computer with Digital Editions which are licensed to the named account. Adobe wants your ebook experience to be as easy and seamless as possible. Naturally, this includes protecting your ebooks from being lost or damaged. This is one of the key reasons that Digital Editions features content portability.
- Can I transfer ebooks that I have already purchased or downloaded to another computer?
- DRM protected content purchased from Qbend Webstores can be shared among 2 devices by default. But
this primarily depends upon the Publisher preference. Please refer to the "content" details for more information on Sharing.
- How to transfer the downloaded ebook to your iOS device?
- 1. Connect your iPad/iPhone/iPod to your computer and access it under "iPad / iPhone / iPod" in the upper right of your iTunes screen.
2. Once selected, you should see a button for "Apps" in the main iTunes screen. Please select it.
3. From the "Apps" screen, scroll to the bottom where you will see a section labeled "File Sharing," and you should see the Bluefire Reader icon.
4. Select the Bluefire Reader icon, and you will be able to see all of the books in your Bluefire Reader library.
5. In the lower right corner, you will see a button labeled "Add..." and if you click it, you will be able to navigate to where books are stored on your computer (be sure to select the .pdf file, not the .acsm file), and you can then load it automatically into Bluefire Reader.
- How to transfer the downloaded ebook to your Android device?
- 1. Connect your Android device to your computer
2. Bring up your computer's file directory ("My Computer,") and open the folder for your device
3. Inside the Bluefire folder, locate the folder for Imports
4. Drag and drop your books from their location on your computer (be sure to select the .pdf file, not the .acsm file) to the Imports folder.
5. Once the books are inside the imports folder, start up Bluefire Reader on your Android device, and access the info panel (tap the info button from the library view.)
6. On the info screen, press the Imports button-this will load your books into the library and generate their book cover images.
Back to Top